Tenant vacated the property and requested Security Deposit be returned.
Issues and Solutions/ Fixes
A leaking tap leading to seepage and spoiling of wood work
- Needs immediate fix.
Main door and frame baked by sun rays.
- Needs sanding and fresh polish
Worn out Sofa Fabric
- Needs sponge work and new fabric
- Entire seat needs to be opened up to perform this.
cleaning not up to the mark
- Need a professional deep cleaning
dust laden windows and frames
- needs a proper deep cleaning to prevent clogging of water draining outlet
stained window glasses obstructing clear view and light
dusty window mesh
- probably not maintained during regular course of time
- needs a proper cleaning
broken tile in kitchen wardrobe
- needs putty work if tile replacement is not possible.
leakage from above on kitchen platform
- needs removal of weak plaster
- Re-seal using Silicone sealant
Rusting hinge and pest infected wardrobes
- WD40 treatment for mildly rusty hinges to prolong life
- Pest Control for the flat and near by corridor to prevent pests from neighbouring flats
never cleaned detergent pan
- try descaling using descaling agent in full drum clean mode. repeat if needed.
Non stop leaking tap
- replace just the valve seal if possible. Else replace the valve.
- If it is very rusted and weak, replace the entire unit.
Broken tile and hard water stained tiles
- Needs some white cement work under the tiles. Cut a new tile and fix if available.
- Acid clean of the effected area.
Spillage due to rain from ceiling
- Do not recommend painting unless it is really needed. Or wait till the rains subside.
crack in the sealing on kitchen platform
- recommend to scrape the old layer and seal with fresh silicone.
Water seeping in to the bathroom floor and rotting the door frame
- Do new grouting in the tiles
- Seal the wall-floor place with silicone sealant
bathroom ceiling not in place
- probably electrician did not put then back in place.
- Rout the power cable properly and the ceiling tiles will sit in place.
Seepage from the roof
- talk with the owner of the flat above and request him to do fresh grouting.
for many, its poor maintenance
chimney lights not working
- get a light of the same specification which fit in that type of the holder.
- clean up the oil on the light cover.
weak grouting in bathrooms
- time to get fresh grouting
clogged window drain holes
- delay may result in seepage
- clean up the drain holes. May need to enlarge the holes if needed to better drain rain water, particularly if your windows face the air direction
dried up leaves and pods which blocking the draining out let
- prevents water drain out leading to seepage
- periodically clean up the terrace
taps covered by hard water salts
- Descale the taps using descaling agent. Do not use acid as it might lead to corrosion of internal parts
Bath room does not lock leading to probably surprises!
stained dining chair fabric
- foam cum wet vacuum cleaning may mostly remove the stain.
One of the chandelier lights is dead
- replace with same or nearest spec fitting lamp.
- be careful not to disturb the other lamps and hangings
dusty place hiding on the top of wardrobes which can grow fungi if moist.
Fungal growth can weaken the wardrobes and create dampness in the bedroom
Loose gas leakage detector
- fix it else it may give false alarm or not do its work when actually needed
missing towel rod in the bathroom
- So easy to not take notice